FY 2019/20 Force Main Appurtenance Project
Fiscal Year 2019/20 Force Main Appurtenance Project
Project Construction: May - November 2020
The RVSD collection system relies on pump stations and associated force mains to transport wastewater to the Central Marin Sanitation Agency (CMSA) treatment plant. The 2013 Infrastructure Asset Management Plan included force main assessments and associated capital improvement recommendations.
As part of RVSD’s Capital Improvement Program, the Force Main Appurtenance Project will replace a total of eight (8) isolation and air-relief valves within the force main system as shown on the map above. These system infrastructure upgrades will enhance local wastewater system reliability and efficiency
The District selected Psomas, Inc. as the project construction manager. The project is estimated to cost $1.1 million to complete. Construction began in early-May 2020 and is anticipated to be complete by the end of November.
All RVSD projects and work activities being conducted adhere to the District’s COVID-19 Exposure Control Plan to prepare for and, mitigate against the risk of COVID-19 exposure to the District’s office staff and field workers.
Please refer to project information and construction notice links below for more project information as it becomes available.
Project Information and Construction Notices
Now that bird nesting season is over, work on valves in Piper Park and on South Eliseo Drive will commence. The work at the Sir Francis Drake Blvd. interchange with 101 is almost complete. Valve and vault manufacturing has been delayed due to COVID-19, which has delayed some of the work by one or two months, so that the work will be compacted at the end of the job. We believe we will still meet the target of completion by November despite these delays.
- Click here to see the August 24 Construction Notice and project timeline replacing an 8" plug valve on South Eliseo Drive. The worksite will be located in the north side of the roadway at 650 Eliseo Drive. Work is anticipated to begin August 31 and be complete in October.
- Click here to see the August 24 Construction Notice and project timeline for installing two air release valves on a 20" force main that crosses through the north end of Piper Park. Work is anticipated to begin September 1 and be complete in October.
- Click here to see the August 18 Construction Update and project timeline being distributed to local residents near construction in the Bon Air Hill Neighborhood, including replacing a critical 20" plug valve. The worksite will be located in the access area at the end of S. Eliseo Drive, just west of the bollards. Travel along the bike path and shoreline (except at the work site) will remain open to the public while the work takes place.
- Click here to see the 24 Hour Notice of Night Work that was distributed to local residents near construction at Bon Air Center on June 3. Please note work in this area is taking place at night to avoid disturbing business operations at the Bank of America - In agreement with the Bon Air Shopping Center. As of July 20, this night work is on-hold for at least one (1) more week, when the contractor will return for one night of construction only. The contractor will notify residents in writing one week in advance of restarting construction in this area.
- Click here to see the Notice of Construction and work hours at Bon Air Center - In the back parking lot entryway behind the Bank of America. This notice was distributed to local residents near construction at Bon Air Center on May 5.
- Click here to see the Notice of Construction and work hours at the intersection of Laderman Lane and Gregory Place, beginning May 6.
Trinet Construction, Inc.
Jack Kelliher, Project Manager
James Leyden, Superintendent
Justin Seufert, P.E.
RVSD 24 Hour Response: (415) 259-2949
More Information About Construction Projects
Please see the Current Infrastructure and Upcoming Capital Projects map below or click here to view both current and completed CIP projects on an interactive map. You can also go to the project pages listed on the left of this page for more information about other CIP projects that are under construction or scheduled to begin soon.
To find out if there will be construction in your neighborhood
Notify Me at RVSD.org/notifyme and click to select the Construction Updates you want.
To leave a message or request being added to the project email list
Call RVSD at 415-259-2949. Our office staff are available Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We can assist you with emergency service 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
RVSD APPRECIATES your patience as we fulfill our commitment to making strategic long-term infrastructure improvements.