Lower Shady Lane / Poplar Ave Sewer improvements
Large Diameter Gravity Sewer Project II-3B
Mobilized: June 2019
Complete: Winter 2019
January 2020 Update
A limited number of project wrap-up items remain. These will be scheduled for completion as current weather conditions permit.
Project Information and Construction Notices
- Click here to view the Project Information Sheet.
- Construction notices will be posted here as they become available.
Please see the Current Infrastructure and Upcoming Capital Projects map below or click here to view both current and completed CIP projects on an interactive map.
You can also go to the project pages listed on the left of this page for more information about other CIP projects that are under construction or scheduled to begin soon.
Project Manager - James Smith, P.E.
Construction Manager - Justin Seufert, P.E.
The Lower Shady Lane / Poplar Ave Sewer Improvements will replace old or outdated system infrastructure and enhance local wastewater system reliability and efficiency. Construction to improve system performance during wet weather will involve rehabilitation of 4,200 linear feet (LF) of existing 21 inch diameter sewer pipeline and associated structures. The project is being completed at a cost of $4.9 million.
The project is located in three areas: Ross Creek, Lower Shady Lane and Kent/Poplar Ave.
Project Construction Will Include
- Sanitary sewer replacements on public and private property.
- Bore-and-jack siphon crossing Ross Creek at Locust.
- Parallel sewer construction by open-cut.
- Sewer pipeline rehabilitation via trench-less methods such as cured-in-place pipe or fold and form, with bypass pumping of sanitary sewer flow.
- Excavation, shoring and backfill, saw cutting.
- Pipe and manhole repairs.
- Pavement restoration.
What You Can Expect
Please expect noise and dust, vibration, possible odors, lane closures and detours, parking restrictions, travel delays and night-time work on streets near each work site during construction activity. Mail and package delivery to these areas will not be interrupted. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Noise, Dust, Vibration, Possible Odors, Lane Closures and Detours, Restricted Parking, Travel Delays
More Information About Construction Projects
To find out if there will be construction in your neighborhood
Notify Me at RVSD.org/notifyme and click to select the Construction Updates you want.
To leave a message or request being added to the project email list
Call RVSD at 415-259-2949. Our office staff are available Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. We can assist you with emergency service 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
RVSD APPRECIATES your patience as we fulfill our commitment to making strategic long-term infrastructure improvements.