Ross Common / Upper Shady Lane Sewer improvements
Large Diameter Gravity Sewer Project II-3A
Mobilize: July 2018
Complete: Spring 2019
September 2018 Updates
- Open cut work on Lagunitas was completed in mid-August. Final pavement restoration will take place at a later date.
- The contractor (Ranger) is anticipated to be off site for approximately one month; from late-August until pipe that is needed arrives to begin the pipe bursting work.
Project Information and Construction Notices
Please see individual project construction notices for information about allowable work hours in each work area.
- Click here to view the Project Information Sheet.
- Click here to view the September 13, 2018 CIP Update to the Ross Town Council.
- Construction notices will be posted here as they become available.
Please see the Current Infrastructure and Upcoming Capital Projects map below or click here to view both current and completed CIP projects on an interactive map. You can also go to the project pages listed on the left of this page for more information about other CIP projects that are under construction or scheduled to begin soon.
Project Manager - Katherine Hayden, P.E..
Construction Manager - Andy Deal, P.E.
The Upper Shady Lane and Ross Common Sewer Improvements will replace old or outdated system infrastructure and enhance local wastewater system reliability and efficiency. Construction to improve system performance during wet weather will involve rehabilitation of 2,300 linear feet (LF) of sewer pipeline ranging in size from 8 to 28 inches in diameter and associated structures. The project is being completed at a cost of $4 million.
Work will take place within two project areas located in the Town of Ross: the Bolinas Ave/Upper Shady Lane area (Upper Shady) and the Lagunitas Ave/Ross Common (Ross Common).
Project Construction Will Include
- Sanitary sewer replacements on public and private property.
- Sewer pipeline rehabilitation via pipe bursting (~1,420 LF), open-cut removal and replacement (~650 LF) and slip-lining (~190 LF), with bypass pumping of sanitary sewer flow.
- Excavation, shoring and backfill, saw cutting, pipe and manhole repairs and new manholes.
- Landscape and pavement restoration.
What You Can Expect
Please expect noise and dust, vibration, possible odors, lane closures and detours, parking restrictions, travel delays and night-time work on streets near each work site during construction activity. Mail and package delivery to these areas will not be interrupted. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Noise, Dust, Vibration, Possible Odors, Lane Closures and Detours, Restricted Parking, Travel Delays
More Information About Construction Projects
To leave a message or request being added to the project email list
Call the RVSD Construction Hotline 415-413-7805
The project team will respond to inquiries within 1-2 business days
To find out if there will be construction in your neighborhood
Notify Me: Visit www.RVSD.org/notifyme and click to select the Construction Updates you want.
RVSD office staff are available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. We can assist you with emergency service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Our office and emergency number is 415-259-2949.