San Anselmo (Nokomis and Meadowcroft) Sewer Improvements
FY 2016/17 Gravity Sewer Improvements
Mobilize: Summer 2018
Complete: February 2019
September 2018 Updates
- Project updates will be posted as they become available.
Project Information and Construction Notices
Please see individual project construction notices for information about allowable work hours in each work area.
- Click here to view the Project Information Sheet.
- Click here to view the contractor's door hanger notice.
- Click here to view the July 24, 2018 San Anselmo Town Council presentation.
- Click here to view the July 27, 2018 Construction Notice for work on Sir Francis Drake Blvd.
- Click here to view the August 23, 2018 Construction Notice for work on Sir Francis Drake Blvd.
Please see the Current Infrastructure and Upcoming Capital Projects map below or click here to view both current and completed CIP projects on an interactive map. You can also go to the project pages listed on the left of this page for more information about other CIP projects that are under construction or scheduled to begin soon.
Project Manager - Jill Barnes, P.E.
Construction Manager - Justin Seufert, P.E.
The San Anselmo (Nokomis and Meadowcroft) Sewer Improvements will replace old or outdated system infrastructure and enhance local wastewater system reliability and efficiency. Construction to improve system performance during wet weather will involve rehabilitation of 3,300 linear feet (LF) of sewer pipeline ranging in size from 18 to 24 inches in diameter and work on associated structures. The project is being completed at a cost of $4 million.
RVSD, Marin Municipal Water District (MMWD), the Town of San Anselmo and Marin County are coordinating to reduce construction impacts from other projects in the Morningside and Brookside neighborhoods this summer. MMWD is replacing waterlines on Butterfield Rd. from Sir Francis Drake Blvd. to Kenrick Ave. RVSD plans to follow with sewer construction on Butterfield Rd. in summer 2019 and summer 2020.
These projects will rehabilitate critical water and sewer infrastructure and add an easterly sidewalk from Sir Francis Drake Blvd. to Brookside Elementary School, provide road sealing from Sir Francis Drake Blvd. to Kenrick Ave., and widen a narrow section of The Alameda to provide a safer route and enhance fire and police access.
Project Construction Will Include
- Sanitary sewer replacements on public and private property.
- Sewer pipeline rehabilitation via open-cut removal and replacement (~2,170 LF), pipe reaming (~440 LF), pipe bursting (~350 LF) and cured-in-place pipe lining methods (~350 LF on Sycamore), with bypass pumping of sanitary sewer flow.
- Excavation and backfill, shoring, saw cutting and lateral replacement.
- Pipe and manhole repairs.
- Pavement restoration.
What You Can Expect
Please expect noise, dust, lane closures and detours, parking restrictions, travel delays, and night-time work near the work sites during construction activity. Mail and package delivery to these areas will not be interrupted. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Noise, Dust, Lane Closures and Detours, Restricted Parking, Travel Delays, Night-Time Work
More Information About Construction Projects
To leave a message or request being added to the project email list
Call the RVSD Construction Hotline 415-413-7805
The project team will respond to inquiries within 1-2 business days
To find out if there will be construction in your neighborhood
Notify Me: Visit www.RVSD.org/notifyme and click to select the Construction Updates you want.
RVSD office staff are available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. We can assist you with emergency service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Our office and emergency number is 415-259-2949.