Grants & Loans

The District offers grant and loan funding to property owners requiring sewer work. Prior to performing work, property owners must review both programs; Individuals may only apply for one program.

Please note the application process differs. 

See below tabs for more information.

  1.  Grants 
  2. Loans
  3. Eligibility
  4. HOA Eligibility

The District adopted Resolution No. 21-1608, amending the framework and guidelines for the Lateral Replacement Grant Program to assist ratepayers with the cost of replacing their private sewer laterals. Click the link to read Resolution No. 21-1608.

Grant Funding

The District provides individual grants of up to $1,500.

The following scenarios may qualify a property to receive $2,500:
• Properties that have received an official "Notice to Repair" from the District. 
• Properties in high inflow & infiltration basins predetermined by the District.
• Properties affected by upcoming municipal paving projects.
• Properties performing work within a road moratorium street. 
  Check with your local municipality to determine if your street is scheduled for paving or was recently paved.

Once your project is complete, follow the steps below.

How to Apply

Submit the following items:

  1. Grant Application (click the link to download).
  2. Paid-in-full invoice from your licensed contractor.
  3. ACH Payment Authorization Form with VOID check attached.
  4. Signed W-9 Form. (Not required for HOAs with a Taxpayer Identification Number).
    W9 forms are used to request the tax ID of the individual for any award above $600. The District will email 1099 forms to grant fund recipients by January 31 of the following year.

How to Submit

Complete applications can be mailed in or dropped off to our office location at 1111 Andersen Dr, San Rafael, CA 94901. All applications must be received within 180 days from the District final inspection date. Applications received after the 180-day deadline are ineligible for funding. This deadline is firm.

Questions about permits? View our Permits page by clicking the link.